Thursday, June 18, 2009

Small Successes: Spring Softball Edition

FaithButton
This week my successes belong to my athletic children. When we mothers give up so much of our time to our children’s endeavors, the fruits of that feel like a success for us as well. This feels a little like bragging, but I’ve shared the failures on our way as well, so here goes…

1. We ended the spring ball season for my younger two without my having a heart attack from having to occasionally be at three games at the same time.

2. My eldest daughter’s losing-streak softball team beat the undefeated team in the playoffs! This felt like a victory for us parents as well because we had to encourage and suffer along with them all season.

3. My two daughters made the summer softball travel team and have already started to learn a great deal, even through losing their first summer travel game.


This is a list of things I have been thankful for this week:

1. Sitting on a sunny field where kids are playing ball games everywhere and my toddler is on top of a giant dirt hill in her pretty pink dress and white sandals. (Later, I would be thankful all the dirt washed out.)

2. Going to a friend's house and sharing life stories.

3. Having the kids asleep in their beds after a long, busy day.

See what small success other moms are thankful for over at Volume 22 of Small Successes at Faith and Family Live.

No comments: