Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hearts for Home June 23, 2009

Gae at Cherished Hearts and Home has started a new Tuesday forum.

She writes:

“In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.”

Here is my list for this week, which is the first week the kids will be home for the summer. I am going to print out my list to help stay focused on these goals.

1. Get up early and make a pancake breakfast.
2. Plant some flowers together.
3. Read one scripture prior to Grace at dinner every night.
4. Keep the vases full of June roses from the yard.
5. Read a George MacDonald book out loud to all the children.
6. Make at least one comment a day in public that will give testimony to mothers keeping their hearts for home.

2 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Loved reading your list. What a nice idea to keep your vases full with your garden flowers!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Hi Lisa! So far the flower thing is the only one I've gotten right.