Thursday, July 2, 2009

Small Successes Rainy June Edition

FaithButton
These are my small successes for the week:

1. We made it through the rainiest June on Long Island ever, without complaining about the weather.

2. I kept the pool clean in spite of the weather.

3. I took advantage of the indoor time to work on establishing my career.

4. I kept my sense of humour when my daughter broke a window with a golf ball.

This week I am thankful for:

1. Wonderful siblings who call when I really need them.

2. A terrific family in our neighborhood with four lovely girls.

3. Tan legs.

4. My cesspool has held out despite the heavy downpours.

5. A good pool filter.

6. The sun has finally come out.

7. Tan arms.


For volume 24 of Faith and Family Live’s Small Successes go here.

5 comments:

ViolinMama said...

I needed to read your thankful list. Thank you for that! Love all your successes, they are HUGE! Nothing small about them!

Thanks for the boost today!! God Bless!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Thanks, Violin Mama. I had to go back and re-read it so I could be thankful again! Did I say tan legs twice? I'll change one to tan ARMS.

Leticia said...

No complaining about the rain?!
How did you manage it?
We're growing webbed feet up in CT, and there's more coming.
I have awarded you the Honest Scrap award on Causa Nostrae Laetitiae

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Thank you so much for that Leticia! I have some people in mind to pass it on to. As to the weather, I decided early on that there was no point in complaining about something that I couldn't change, so I might as well make the best of it and smile. It also gets so boring hearing everyone state the obvious. Standing out in the rain at a ballgame people are like, golly I'm getting wet, and I'm like "golly you're a genious".

Anonymous said...

you might like this: http://www.ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/207

kind of a nice way to rethink motherhood from someone who was having trouble. it's described as an aha moment which seems like a nice fit for you. thanks

cam@ahamoment.com