Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hearts for Home July 7, 2009

Gae at Cherished Hearts and Home writes:

”In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.”

Last week I only succeeded in doing #2 (“Not yell if someone knocks over a vase of flowers.”) and that was only because no one did knock over a vase last week. I am going to try this again, with a focus on tidying up work areas so they are more serene and set a good example for the kids in keeping their own work areas tidy.

1. Find a gentle or funny way to remind the children (and husband too!) of their housekeeping duties. (This morning I said, “I know you all think you’re special and don’t have to put your shoes away, but there are a lot of special feet around here.”)

2. Re-organize the bookshelves and donate some unused books to the library. (I actually already have a box full that I was going to give to a homeschooling friend for her group, until I found out her group had dissolved.)

3. Keep my desk clean. (I have been clearing it on a regular basis, but those piles find a way of creeping back.)

4. Go through the basket of papers and other stuff I cleared off my desk.

No comments: