Thursday, July 30, 2009
Small Successes Cryptic Edition
I’ll be speaking in riddles in this edition to protect the innocent and not-so-much-so. I think most people can think of their own situations to which these might apply.
This week my small successes include:
1. Getting my children away from a sticky situation before it turned into something serious. “A wise man sees trouble and hides.” (Proverbs)
2. Helping my children to develop new friendships.
3. Keeping quiet when speaking would contribute to more strife between people.
This week I am thankful for:
1. My marriage to a man who always seems to be on the same wavelength as me on just about everything. It really seems like a miracle when two people can meet when they are young and stay on the same page for 18 years. (Met 18 years ago, married 16 years ago.)
2. Neighbors who can carpool with me to sporting events.
3. My new laptop and the soon-to-be-installed wireless.
For more small successes see volume 28 of Faith and Family Live’s Small Successes.