Friday, July 3, 2009
The Honest Scrap Blogger Award
Thank you Leticia for awarding me the HONEST SCRAP blogger award.. I have now officially known her for a rather long time (over 5 years) and honesty is one of her outstanding virtues.
Now...to keep this award, I must do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 4 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 4 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.
Ten honest things about myself.
1.) When I get overwhelmed with demands from everyone I sometimes make comments (not in front of the kids) the like of, “What was I thinking having four kids?” to which my husband says, “Don’t you write a blog called The Divine Gift of Motherhood?” and I am forced to be quiet.
2.) My garage is an absolute mess. I kept it tidy until I was pregnant with my second daughter and when it started to get cluttered I could not safely walk in there. From then on it would get worse, then a little better, and then worse again.
3.) I haven’t worked on my novel in a really long time (months, I guess).
4.) I used to be a perfectionist, but have become much more mellow due to being married to a very mellow guy and having kids who prevent me from doing things perfectly.
5.) I wanted to major in English but my Dad said I wouldn’t make any money, so I majored in Psychology instead.
6.) I was an atheist for a few years in college. I even argued against Thomas Aquinas’ Summa Theologica (5 proofs of God’s existence) in my Philosophy of Theology class. It was one of the things that made me interesting to my husband-to-be the night we met, and he always knew I would change my mind. That happened when I became a mother.
7.) I have difficulty saying the rosary by myself, but love saying it with others.
8.) I’m lifting this one from Leticia, who says, “I have WAY too many books and stuff”. I have been donating things in dribs and drabs to Birthright, St. Vincent de Paul, and my local library. I don’t buy anything except books and food, so I’m not sure where it all comes from. I got rid of 100 cubic feet of stuff during Lent.
9.) I didn’t know anything about baseball/softball until I met my husband, and now I am obsessed with it because my kids love it.
10.) I barely ever talk on the telephone and only use a cell phone for emergencies. I delete voice mails without listening to them.
Now, I nominate the following honest bloggers:
1. Loren Christie, at Dude Where Am I, for her daily essays in which she examines herself with excruciating honesty.
2. Karen at Karen’s Adventures in Mommyland, whose refreshing descriptions of her daughters’ antics always make me smile.
3. Lisa at Unexpected Journeys, whose photography lets us in to her California backyard and even her kitchen in progress.
4. Leticia at Cause of Our Joy. I know you were nominated for Causa Nostra Laetitiae. Now you can post ten more telling things about yourself on your family blog.