Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Wind in the Window


“Therefore, from the day we heard this, we do not cease praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.” Colossians 1:9

As spiritual as we try to be, most of us still have to earn a living so we can eat. When we have worldly ambitions, sometimes it seems like all the doors are slamming in our faces. Sometimes it is just our pride that is hurt. Other times, it is much more: death, illness, a lost job. When we feel discouraged, a good friend will remind us to pray. Then we remember to ask God, “What is your will for me right now?” We have to be really quiet, and then maybe we will feel a gentle breeze coming through a previously unknown window. We wish we had thought to ask earlier. “Oh, so that is what you have for me. Why didn’t I see it before?”

Prayer: “What is your will for me right now?”

3 comments:

Anne said...

I love this! The picture is gorgeous and I pray to feel that gentle breeze coming through a previously unknown window. Thank you for these lovely reflections!

betty-NZ said...

It's truly hard to juggle all of life and keep it within the Will of God. The good news is that He just patiently waits through our mistakes and is always there, no matter what. Great post!

Loren said...

This is nice, and I like the picture...