Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beauty Queen Loses Crown on Gay Marriage Issue

“In my country, and in my family, I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman,” said Carrie Prejean as Miss California at Sunday night’s Miss USA pageant in Las Vegas.

I try to imagine what must have been going through her mind as she was asked how she felt about homosexual marriage. If I answer this honestly, I will lose. If I lie, I will be asked to live a lie for the entire time I wear this crown. Carrie chose to be true to her beliefs. I wonder if she was set up?

“It did cost me my crown,” Carrie told Billy Bush, who co-hosted the ceremony, on Monday. “I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that’s all I can do.”
“It is a very touchy subject and he is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would’ve wanted me to be more politically correct,” she added. “But I was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything.”

Read Fox New’s follow-up interview here.

Carrie has had 2,000 Facebook Friend requests since the incident. Show her your support! There are already several Facebook groups showing support.
One is “Supporting Miss California Carrie Prejean

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Thanks! I joined the Facebook group.

Loren said...

A woman with convictions and bravery, now that's true beauty.

Loren said...

A woman with convictions and bravery, now that's true beauty.