Friday, March 13, 2009

You Can Call Me Elinor

I am Elinor Dashwood!



Take the Quiz here!



My results read: "You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see."

I thought for sure I, like Loren Christie, would be Elizabeth Bennett, my favorite Austen character. But I think all the characters are expressions of parts of Austen's complicated and intelligent mind and, so, they are all good. Elinor probably does describe me the best, and I did agree with her thinking throughout the novel, more than her sister's. I did feel more drawn to Elizabeth's character in Pride and Prejudice because she was headstrong and outspoken, sometimes putting her foot in her mouth. This can be me sometimes, when I feel strongly about something, and usually when I am more comfortable with the company I am keeping. But if I don't feel I'm in my element, I am usually much more quiet and think before speaking.

2 comments:

Loren said...

Elizabeth, it is better to think before you speak. I do put my foot in my mouth sometimes, especially if I am angry. Elinor really helped her younger sister through heartbreak and illness, if I remember correctly. She is a great character to be.

Modern Catholic Mom said...

Hi! I love your God is pro-life picture! Thanks for a great Catholic site!