Monday, March 9, 2009

The Holy Eucharist: A Guest Post by Miss A. Miller


Catholics are able to serve God and others when they receive the Eucharist. They also love, understand, and appreciate Jesus more when they receive the Eucharist. The venial sins that all people make are forgiven and we are strengthened so that we can resist mortal sin. It helps us to grow closer to God and Jesus.

The Eucharist is important to me because, when I was younger, I thought that Church was boring and I didn’t understand anything. Now, after I have received my First Communion, I am able to understand wheat is happening and it is not boring any longer.

The Eucharist helps me to grow closer to God and Jesus. I am also better able to serve others as well as love them. My venial sins are forgiven and I am strengthened to resist any mortal sins. The Eucharist has helped me to become a better person and has helped me to grow in faith.

By Miss A. Miller, age 11, in answer to an essay question in her 7th grade Religion class.

"You can be sure that whoever gives even a drink of cold water to one of the least of these my followers because he is my follower, will be certainly receive a reward." (Matt. 10:42)

Picture above: "A cup of cold water" by Li Wei San, China

1 comment: