Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Miller Family Update

We are busily preparing for:
another houseguest expected to arrive today,
as well as a small Whiz Bang Science Experiment Party for my son’s classmates tomorrow,
in addition to my two daughters’ participation in the Sound of Music production at our church,
on top of education fair projects for all three school-age children, all due on the same day!

I figured I might get sidelined by all this and not be able to blog through this coming weekend, so I wanted to give you some promised updates.

1. The baby is sleeping through the night, and napping too! I appreciate this all the more, for the struggles we went through with this, and which I chronicled for you all over the past few months.

2. I am still working on getting into shape, and found two great programs on the Fitness channel. Bodies in Motion and Total Body Sculpt with Gilad. The first is more aerobic, and the second focuses on muscle training.

3. The demerit system is working! The children have been faithfully making their beds each morning, and seldom leave clothes lying on the floor. This also worked to eliminate any nagging or yelling on my part. I simply leave a demerit in the offender’s room and tally it on my notepad.

Sadly, we received news yesterday that an old friend of ours died of a drug overdose this week. He was only 40 years old. We would appreciate prayers for his family.

Finally, I had to reinstall my internet software and have temporarily lost the ability to upload pictures! I hope to have this fixed next week.

Allelujah! He is risen!

1 comment:

Loren said...

I'm soooo happy that your baby is sleeping! I'll say a prayer for your friend. Try Leslie Sanzone's In Home Walk. You can walk up to 4 miles right in front of your television.-Loren