Saturday, February 21, 2009

40 Days for Life Spring 2009


The 40 Days for Life Spring 2009 Campaign starts on Ash Wednesday and continues for 40 days. You can go to 40DaysforLife.com to find events near you. If you are unable to participate in an event in your area, you can make a personal commitment to fast and pray specifically for that purpose during Lent. For example, instead of making Fish on Fridays, I will make it on Sundays and Fridays. Actually, that is not much of a sacrifice for me, as I love fish. I am still thinking of what to give up. As moms, we already have given up most of our old vices and are used to doing without for the sake of our children. Each year it seems I have less and less to give up.
You can also consider giving a little more to your local Birthright center, or writing more letters to politicians to fight legislation that supports abortion.
This spring so much more hangs in the balance. The more we can do, the better.

No comments: