Monday, November 3, 2008

Elizabeth’s Baked Salmon with Rice


This method works for any fish. Coat the fish and the bottom of a glass pan with olive oil. Sprinkle the fish with a paprika, onion, and salt-based fish seasoning. (In the salmon pictured I used Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Salmon Seasoning.) Cover dish with foil; this locks in the moisture. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until fish is flaky through the middle.

Bring to a simmer 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water (my family requires 2 cups of rice with 4 cups of water). Add onions and seasoning. I like to use the same seasoning that I used in the fish. Cover and turn the heat down low. Cook for 15 minutes. Rice should be soft and should have absorbed all of the water. Turn off the heat. Mix up the rice and re-cover for 5 minutes. This helps the rice to be fluffy.

I usually serve this dish with a steamed green vegetable, such as asparagus or broccoli.

No comments: