Sunday, September 3, 2023

The Divine Gift of Motherhood


"Maternity" by Fritz Zuber-Buhler

To my cherished readers,

I have not published on this blog in quite some time. The biggest reason for this is that I respect my children’s privacy. When I first started this blog many years ago, the children were very young. With my small following of Christian mothers, it was highly unlikely that one of their friends might see my stories, leading to embarrassment. Now three of them are adults, leading their own lives, and my youngest is a rising senior.

Yet the call to motherhood is not one that ever ends. I am forever changed since the moment I first found out I was going to be a mother. Motherhood is a Gift from God, one that keeps on giving as long as we live and breathe.

I will continue to challenge myself to write about womanhood, motherhood, and the treasures that we refer to as children, without giving personal anecdotes about my children. I will talk about the books I read, those I am writing, and what I think about while enjoying the great outdoors. If I get the call that one of my books has found a home with a publisher, you will hear about it here!

Yours truly,

Elizabeth

No comments: