Thursday, October 8, 2009

Small Successes Double Sports Edition

FaithButton
It has been a while since I participated in the Thursday Small Successes at the Faith and Family blog.

1. This week, for two days in a row, I managed to car pool the entire girls' cross country team from school to the cross country meets, get home to serve leftover chicken for dinner, and get the girls to their softball tournament practice, without losing my mind. My eldest daughter came in first on Tuesday at Belmont Lake State Park. Yesterday we got stuck in the parkway due to an accident and showed up at Sunken Meadow State Park 2 minutes late. They let our girls run with the boys, so I will not know their actual placement until the official times are in.

2. I got to the Third Annual Stand Up for Life on Eastern Long Island and wrote about it on my Examiner column, where it was the most popular article for the day.

3. I actually got some reading done. I finished reading Ellen Gable's second book and reviewed it here.

This all feels like bragging but I hope it is inspiring to some. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Click here for Small Successes Volume 38

2 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Good successes! It's nice to know that other moms have it just as hectic as I do when it comes to those sports schedules! You inspire me to keep going!

Loren said...

I've seen your blog grow so much since we first met. In addition to these successes, I'm very proud of you for sticking to your dream to write. :)